- Durant PT
Your Pelvic Health: What Does The Pelvic Floor Do?
How Your Pelvic Floor Impacts Your Daily Life
Have you ever wondered what is the pelvic floor and why is it so important?
Pelvic Health Physical Therapist Francesca Durant explains the four important functions of the pelvic floor and how they impact your daily life.
1. Stability of pelvis, hips, and lower back
2. Support the organs including your bladder, vagina, uterus, and rectum
3. Sphincteric function (ability to hold pee and poop in)
4. Sexual function
If you are suffering from any of the following symptoms, consider a pelvic health evaluation with a licensed pelvic health physical therapist.
• Abdominal and groin pain
• Pain with sitting, cycling, or exercising
• Pubic bone, tailbone, & SI joint pain
• Pain with urination and/or defecation
• Urinary incontinence or frequent urination
• Numbness or pain due to scar adhesions
• Belly pooch from diastasis recti
It maybe common, but it doesn't have to be your normal.
About the Author: Francesca Durant
Co-owner of Durant Physical Therapy and Centered Body Pilates, Francesca Durant is an experienced physical therapist and Pilates professional with specialized training in pelvic health from Herman and Wallace Pelvic Rehabilitation Institute.
Could you benefit from an assessment of your breath or pelvic floor?
Francesca is accepting new patients at Durant Physical Therapy, call 860-430-2344 now to schedule a health assessment!